Does your toddler enjoy playing with toys that allow them to build wondrous creations? Many kids do.
These toys are terrific, as they enable your toddler to be creative. Plus, they are also educational and promote problem-solving skills.
If your child enjoys construction toys, you should consider getting them some magnetic tiles. These tiles are super fun to play with and they allow your child to get in touch with their creativity.
Finding the perfect magnetic tiles for your toddler can be tough. Luckily, we have chosen some of the best products on the market to make things much simpler for you.
Here are our top recommendations:
PicassoTiles 60 Piece Set
Our first pick is a PicassoTiles set, which is limited only by your toddler’s imagination. These pieces can construct a wide array of objects.
The magnetic tiles come in vibrant colors, which are guaranteed to appeal to your toddlers.
Here are our thoughts on these magnetic tiles:
- Near endless creations: your toddlers can use their imagination to make whatever they want, including a house, jet, rocket, or horse.
- 60 pieces: this is a large set with 60 different pieces. This impressive set means that your child can build loads of big creations.
- Bright colors: as mentioned, these tiles come in all the colors of the rainbow. Your child will adore the colors. The tiles are also designed to be highly transparent.
- Strong magnets: these magnets are powerful enough that they can last for a long time. This improves their durability. Plus, their strength means that your toddler’s constructions will last for as long as you want.
- Different shapes and sizes: to increase the diversity of these creations, these magnetic pieces come in different shapes and sizes, such as triangles, squares, and rectangles.
- The tiles break quite easily: compared to other products, these magnetic tiles tend to snap with relative ease. This can be a problem, as it means the tiles might break when your child is playing with them.
Also Available at: Walmart
MAGBLOCK Magnetic 3D 52 Pieces Set
If you are fed up with the typical rainbow-colored sets, these magnetic tiles look very different from the standard products. These pieces have more of a pastel aesthetic, thus creating a different look.
These magnetic tiles will encourage toddlers to be creative, while also teaching them about shapes and construction. This is what we liked and disliked about these tiles:
- Candy Color: these tiles are designed to be in the color of candy, giving them a very unique and refreshing appearance. This look will appeal to both adults and toddlers.
- Safety feature: the magnets are covered in stainless steel, thus preventing them from escaping. Consequently, you won’t have to worry about your child choking on small parts.
- Intricate carving: brilliant carving techniques have been used to give these magnetic tiles a smooth texture. They have rounded corners, so your toddler won’t injure themselves.
- Lightweight design: these tiles have a lightweight design, making it easier for them to be used by toddlers. Plus, this means that they are transportable. If you want your toddler to bring them to school or a friend’s house, they can do so thanks to this lightweight design.
- The magnets can be quite weak: the main downside of the MAGBLOCK tiles is that the magnets are quite lacking in strength. Consequently, this can impact your toddler’s ability to construct items.
Also Available at: Ebay
Magna-Tiles 32-Piece Set
When it comes to magnetic tiles, Magna-Tiles is one of the leading brands in the industry.
You can see why this brand has developed such a good reputation. Their products are of exceptional quality.
We really like this 32-piece set of magnetic tiles. As with many tiles, they are sold in eye-catching multicolors.
However, these tiles have more intricate designs than many of their rivals. This is our review of these Magna-Tiles:
- Safe materials used: these tiles are constructed from materials that are completely safe for your children. For example, they are completely non-toxic.
- Crisscross lattice: the Magna-Tiles have unique designs that set them apart from other tiles. This gives them an aesthetic advantage over them.
- Ultrasonic welded magnets: using ultrasonic welding, these tiles have completely encapsulated the magnets. This means that you won’t have to worry about the magnets breaking free and ruining your child’s play experience.
- Durable: because they are made from high-quality materials, these tiles are sturdy.
- Expensive: As one of the biggest brands on the market, Magna-Tiles cost more than many similar products. Essentially, you are paying for quality and brand recognition. However, this may mean that this set is not suitable for shoppers with a narrow budget. On the bright side, there are more cost-effective tiles on the market.
Also Available at: Magna-Tiles
Idoot Magnetic Tiles 70-Piece
This next set of magnetic tiles is from Idoot. Though the tiles are a little more basic than some of the other products, they will nonetheless allow your child to get creative and learn.
The more basic design of these tiles means that they are better suited to younger children.
With the aid of these magnetic tiles, your child will be able to construct some magnificent creations, such as a heart, airplane, or candy.
Here are some of the most noteworthy features of the Idoot magnetic tiles:
- Storage bag: isn’t it annoying when toddlers leave their toys all over the place? To make storage easier, this 70-piece set comes with a handy storage bag.
- Eco-friendly materials: these tiles are assembled from eco-friendly materials. Therefore, you can rest assured that while your child plays with the tiles, the environment has not been damaged.
- 6 super fun colors: these lively magnetic tiles are found in 6 different colors, namely red, orange, yellow, pink, blue, and green. Your toddler will likely adore the tiles.
- 70 pieces: this set contains an impressive 70 pieces. As a result, it is great value for money.
- Limited shapes: while other magnetic tiles have wide arrays of shapes and sizes available, this product merely has two shapes, namely a square and a triangle. This can seriously limit your child’s creativity. If you are trying to encourage your child to be more creative, you may want to consider one of the other tile sets on this list.
Soyee Magnetic Tiles
Last but not least, Soyee also offers some magnificent magnetic tiles. Any toddler will love playing with these educational tiles for hours.
They can construct whatever they imagine. However, these tiles are not just aimed at toddlers.
They can be played with by children of a broad range of ages, making this a fairly versatile set.
This is what we thought of the Soyee magnetic tiles:
- Suitable for ages 1-8: these tiles are suitable for kids of different ages. Toddlers aged between 1 and 3 can make some basic creations. Meanwhile, older children can focus on more complex ones. We love how wide this age range is, as it means that your child can use these tiles for years to come.
ABS plastic material: these tiles are made from ABS plastic, which is BPA-free. The absence of this chemical means that your toddler can safely play. These tiles also do not feature any latex or phthalates. ABS plastic is also a fairly strong material.
- Translucent effect: if you want to create a stained glass effect with these tiles, you can. Simply hold the translucent tiles up against a window or flashlight to create the impression of a beautiful stained glass window.
- 6 sensational colors: like many of the tiles on this list, the Soyee tiles come in colorful shades. This can improve your toddler’s color identification skills.
- Weak magnets: while the manufacturers brand these tiles as having strong magnets, they are not very powerful from our experience. As a consequence, toddlers may struggle to construct complex designs using these tiles.
Also Available at: Soyee
After reading through our product recommendations above, you will be in a more informed position to start shopping.
You will now be able to identify some of the advantages and disadvantages of some of the leading magnetic tile brands.
However, before you begin shopping, we would like to warn you that it can be difficult to choose a magnetic tile set for your toddler.
The reason for this is that there are tons of considerations to think about. These considerations can determine whether or not a product is suitable for your toddler.
To ensure that you select the perfect product, here are some of the main factors that you should bear in mind when looking for magnetic tiles:
To toddlers, the way a toy looks can determine whether or not they will enjoy it. Because of this, you may want to pay attention to the aesthetic of the toy. This includes its color.
After all, most children prefer bright colors. As any parent will tell you, this is not always the case, as every child is different. Most children will have a favorite color.
Consequently, you should aim to find tiles that come in colors that will appeal to your little one.
These magnetic files should have some of your child’s favorite colors involved. Otherwise, your toddler might refuse to play with them.
We particularly like the vibrant colors of the PicassoTiles. We also find the pastel hues of the Magblock tiles to be very unique and aesthetically interesting.
Ultimately, you should think about which aesthetic your toddler will prefer.
You should also research the sturdiness of a set of magnetic tiles. Some products are made from more durable materials than others.
The reason why these training materials are preferable is that they will result in the tiles being long-lasting. This will mean that your toddlers can play with them for years.
If magnetic tiles have been built from weak materials, they will snap easily.
This will limit your child’s enjoyment of them. Often, more expensive tiles are made from stronger materials, but this is not always the case.
The materials used to construct these tiles should be included in a product’s online description.
Moreover, you can check user reviews to see whether people found the tiles to be durable. While these reviews can be untrustworthy, they can nonetheless indicate an item’s durability.
A large benefit of these toys is that they unlock your child’s creativity and imagination. Therefore, you should search for a set of magnetic tiles that maximizes your child’s creativity.
For instance, you might want to ensure that these tiles come in different shapes and sizes so that your child can build a wide range of creations.
Moreover, you should see what some of the recommended creations are. Some products come with more suggestions than others.
Ideally, you should find a brand that has lots of suggestions to further increase your toddler’s creativity.
The size of the set is also an essential consideration. The larger the set, the more pieces it will feature. The more pieces included in a set, the bigger creations your toddler can build.
The number of pieces included is normally written on a product’s packaging or included in its online description.
You might assume that it is best to get a large set. While this is true in terms of enhancing your child’s creativity, you should bear in mind that large sets will require more space.
Therefore, if you live in a house with limited space, you might want to opt for a smaller set.
Recommended Age Range
Most toys have a suggested age range. This is based on the ages that the products are designed for.
If your child is outside of a suggested age range for a toy, you may want to consider getting a different item.
This is because the toy may be too complex or easy for them. Alternatively, if you have a young toddler, a toy may not be suitable because it contains small parts.
These small pieces could be a choking hazard to your child. Therefore, we advise paying attention to the recommended age range of a magnetic tile.
To prevent your toddler from injuring themselves, you should search for magnetic tiles that have implemented safety features.
For example, you should find tiles that have rounded edges. Sharp edges could harm your child, so you should avoid any items that appear to be sharp.
Moreover, you should check that the magnets are safely stored in these tiles to prevent them from becoming free. This is because the toddlers could choke on these magnets.
Safety features, such as these two examples, demonstrate that a brand has considered a child’s safety.
Thus, you can trust these brands.
As you can see from the pros and cons sections, magnet strength is an important factor. Tiles with weak magnet strengths will be less useful than magnets that are quite powerful.
Your child will be more limited by what they can build if these tiles feature flimsy magnets.
Therefore, we advise avoiding products that have really weak magnets, especially if the weakness of the magnet limits the playability of these products.
Arguably, one of the most important considerations is the price of the magnetic tiles. Like many toys, these tiles are sold at different price ranges.
The good news is that you should be able to find magnetic tiles within your price range. The bad news is that some products are incredibly expensive.
To stop yourself from overspending on toys for your toddler, we recommend thinking about the maximum price you are willing to spend.
When shopping online, you can use searching tools to rule out any products that are outside of your budget. This means that any items above your maximum price will not show up in the results.
It is important not to spend too much money on your toddler’s toys. This is because they grow out of toys, meaning that they will no longer use them in a few years.
Finally, the brand can also impact the quality of a magnetic tile set. Often, more well-known brands have tiles of higher quality. For instance, Magna-Tiles is one of the most famous brands in the industry.
The good thing about popular brands is that they have developed a good reputation because of their quality. The downside is that these brands often cost more money.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Benefits Of Magnetic Tiles?
There are tons of advantages to getting magnetic tiles. Firstly, most children enjoy playing with them. This is particularly true of creative toddlers or those who like building things.
Next, these tiles enhance creativity, as your child can build practically whatever they desire.
Furthermore, magnetic tiles also help children to understand basic architecture and geometry, as the shapes involved in these constructions improve these skills.
Can You Mix Different Brands of Magnetic Tiles Together?
This will depend. Most brands are not compatible. These magnets are not designed to join together.
Plus, the sizes of the tiles vary considerably, so it is often impossible to connect alternate brands.
Often, the way to work out whether different brands of magnetic tiles are compatible is by experimenting with them.